Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction nedia (Aiden)

Kia ora koutou!

This is the 3rd intro that I'm writing, so there is a little copy pasta here...

I'm nedia, I live in NZ & I've been knocking about the matrix/irc for a few days now. I'll be 28 on the 30th, I've been using Fedora for about a year, Linux for about 3-4 all up, & have been doing software dev for about 5-6 years.

Most of my software experience is in the web space - lots of SQL, PHP & JavaScript (no vanilla JS really, just the front end frameworks), but only a little bit of Python, although my short time w/ Django was pretty good. I am keen on giving Go some love, and have dabbled in some Rust too.

I'm a tinkerer and often find myself trying to automate workflows. Most recently I've been building Todoist into the terminal so I'm greeted with my latest todo items when I open my terminal up. I wrote a CLI that interfaced w/ AWS to spawn EC2 instances at a previous job.

I went to the devel team firstly since it made the most sense, but infrastructure might be a better fit, I'm not sure, so I'm saying hello anyway. :) I've penciled myself in to updating `pop-shell` for F35, and afterwards I might look to get involved in something more in the infrastructure space.

I'm managing IT for a not for profit in the far north of New Zealand, it's voluntary, but some of it is on contract to pay the bills. I also teach general computing once a week to some older folk. Nothing hardcore. I have done IT & network support for some local schools too.

Unfortunately I don't have much hardware on hand for testing, but that could change in the future as I could have access to some old hardware if the company I work with get some newer kit.

It'll be hard for me to make the weekly meetings since they're on at 3-4am my time, but I'll have a go. I might be able to comfortably settle into a semi-night owl routine.

Cheers,
Aiden