Re: Two Matrix Questions

On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 04:51:20PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Hi Infrastructure folks! We're getting ready to launch our Matrix server. As
> part of that, I have two things I'd like your input on.
>
> 1. I find the bot reports in #fedora-admin and other places to be
>    overwhelming. Do people find these useful at all? If there is a reason to
>    keep them, could they be moved to a new room like #fedora-admin-bot or
>    something? I think this will help keep it a friendly space for
>    non-bot users of the room.

I'm fine dropping them entirely.

Note that a number of channels have these:

https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/blob/main/f/roles/fedmsg/irc/templates/ircbot.py

this is a fedmsg based set of code. It might be nice to see if we could
drop it entirely, or replace it with something else for those places
that want it.

> 2. We have the ability to group channels into Spaces. We've aready got a
>    "Teams" space, but for some groups it seems like it might be useful to
>    go further. Would it be useful to create an "Infra" subspace, and if so,
>    what channels should go under this?

It would be nice to have a Infrastructure and Release Engineering
and under that a Operations, App development, and Release Engineering?
We may want to have some CPE initative teams under this space too from
time to time... like the #fedora-aaa / #bodhi or the like?

kevin