Re: Fedora infra backlog refinement

On 15. 07. 21 22:55, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 07:13:42PM +0200, Michal Konecny wrote:
Hi everyone,

today on Fedora infra weekly meeting I proposed to start doing a backlog
refinement on https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

This should be done in the similar way how the backlog refinement is done in
weekly RelEng meeting.
Well, I don't know that there is much of a process there.

Basically Mohan or Tomas brings up tickets that they pick somehow? :)

So, how do we pick things? Note that we already do have everything
triaged... so this would be just to update status?
We will just go from the oldest and ping them if there is no response for long time and we are waiting for the reporter. Or close them if there are no longer relevant (for example: we didn't get the response in month from the last ping). It's possible that we will find some tickets that should be already closed.

So how do you want to approach this? Separate new meeting or use existing
weekly meeting and just dedicate a part of it to going through old tickets.

If we want a new meeting, I would go with weekly and we need to decide when
this meeting will take place.
I'm not in favor of more meetings. ;)

But on the other hand the infra meeting is already long, especially when
we do a learning session.

How about we alternate? One week learning, next week backlog, etc?
I'm for this approach, we are struggling with learning topics anyway.

Michal

If everyone wants a seperate meeting I'm ok with that too I guess.

kevin