Re: Hack session: Websites and Apps team

On 7/2/21 5:58 PM, Jonathan Trossbach wrote:
Hello,

The Websites and Apps team is organizing a set of Hack sessions this year and I am kicking off the first one with an introduction to OpenShift and general hack session in OpenShift.

For those with at least 16gb of RAM the goal will be to deploy Discourse on OpenShift from my repository here: https://github.com/jontrossbach/openshift-discourse/

 From their based on patterns discussed we will try and identify other open source applications that are already well suited for an OpenShift deployment together.
Would like to try create an alternate setup to:
https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install
They use Ubuntu, but is is FOSS.

The Jitsi meet link is: https://meet.jit.si/fedora-websites-apps-meeting

If you would like a calendar invite please respond to this email with your email.
Calendar invites are helpful, but please also indicate the date and time of this session.

sincerely,
Jon Trossbach

PS
If you have never used or even heard that much of OpenShift please get through as many of these Katacoda scenarios as is convenient for you(at least the one which teaches you how to log in to an OpenShift cluster); all you need i an internet connection and a compatible browser for this: https://www.katacoda.com/openshift/courses/using-the-cluster

And also please check if your machine has has at least 9gb of RAM and then try to install OpenShift CRC locally otherwise you will have to register for a cloud  instance (which I think is less fun): https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2020/09/09/install-red-hat-openshift-operators-on-your-laptop-using-red-hat-codeready-containers-and-red-hat-marketplace
Thanks for this.

PSS
OpenShift knowledge and skillz are in high demand