Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Pete Buffon

IRC handle: petebuffon

Skills I have:
  • Linux System Administration (Ubuntu, RHEL)
  • Container networking, firewalls, NFS/SMB, and Wireguard VPN
  • Python, _javascript_, git, C, R, HTML, CSS
  • KVM, Docker, Podman, LXD
  • Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
  • Vector and bitmap editing (Inkscape, GIMP)
I am a Regular listener of LINUX Unplugged, Ask Noah Show, and 2.5 Admins.

What I want to learn:
  • System administration
  • Networking
  • Infrastructure as code including but not limited to Ansible
  • CI/CD pipelines
  • Continue to learn about containers and possibly Kubernetes
Adjacent interests include:
  • Security
  • Hardware
  • Cryptography
  • IoT
  • Web development
Issue #9693 looks interesting to me as it involves Ansible and is apprentice friendly.

I am looking to change careers into system administration/DevOps and I would like to gain some real world experience and beef up my resume by joining the Fedora Infrastructure team.  I use Fedora every day and it would be great to give back to the community.

Pete Buffon