Re: Projects under github.com/fedora-infra

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 05:09:27PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Good Morning Everyone,
>
> I've been looking at all the projects we have under the fedora-infra org on
> github.com.
>
> We have 134 projects there:
> - 45 of them are archived
> - 1 is a mirror
>     - people2
> - 4 are forks: https://github.com/fedora-infra?type=fork
>     - ssh-gpg-smartcard-config
>       - Last commit on November 2020
>       - Seems up to date with its parent project

I think someone forked this to add some yubikey info?
But in any case I don't think we need it now.

>     - pyramid_fas_openid
>        - master branch
>          - last commits October 2020 (previous ones 2017)
>          - 40 commits ahead of master in its parent project
>        - develop branch
>          - last commits 2015
>          - 26 commits ahead of master in its parent project

Alas, we still use this for bodhi I am pretty sure.
At least bodhi-backend01 has:
python3-pyramid-fas-openid-0.4.0-1.fc32.noarch
installed.

>     - badgr-server
>       - last commit March 2020
>       - 415 commits behind its parent project
>     - fedora-college
>       - Last commit August 2014
>       - 22 commits behind its parent project

No idea on those two.

>   Questions:
>     Are they being used/developed?
>     Do we need them?
>       If not, can we simply delete them?
>
> - 85 are "source" repo.
>
> Of these I would like to propose that we archive the following 24:
> - tbs
> - fpdc
> - fedora-packages
> - fedora-search
> - stickynotes2modernpaste
> - people2
> - pkgwat.api
> - pkgwat.cli
> - noggin-old
> - cpsreport
> - taiga-contrib-oidc-auth
> - zanata2fedmsg
> - rdbsync
> - fedmsg-notify
> - fedmsg-health
> - pkgdb2
> - fedmsg-genacls
> - fedora-stats-tools
> - fedmsg-java
> - pagure-hook-receiver
> - JSAutoLogin
> - fedmsg-wp
> - askbot-fedmsg
> - busmon

+1

> Then we have a these four that we run but do not maintain and that may want to
> find a better place:
> - asknot-ng
> - fedbages
> - tahrir
> - tahrir-api

Yep. Lets see is OSPO wants them somewhere...

> This would reduce the number of projects down to 57 projects most of which are
> run and maintained by Fedora Infrastructure.

Still a lot. ;)

> Then, I am also wondering if we should move the archived projects to another
> organisation just to keep the list of projects somewhat manageable.

We could. Github does filter the archived ones out some, so I don't know
if it's worth the trouble, but if you think it's worth it we can.

kevin