the state of staging

greetings everyone.

I thought I would send out an email about where we are with staging and
get more input on some things related to that. :)

Account system / noggin:

I will let the noggin team report here. I know they have been working on
deployment and fixing issues they hit. I don't think other things a
blocking them. Please do chime in here noggin team!

Buildsystem side:

* koji hub is up
* koji db is up, but the prod->stg sync script failed with a db error.
Still need to debug what is wrong there. Likely the koji db schema
changed and we need to adjust the sync script.
* The x86_64 and s390x buildvm's are up.
* The aarch64/armv7 and ppc64le builders are not yet up. I need to talk
with smooge next week when he is back and we need to adjust vlans and
such to get them online.
* I haven't deployed the aarch64 osbs yet, but it should be doable.

* I am currently doing a load of the db01 prod server db into db01.stg.
This will then need adjustment for staging users/passwords on a app by
app basis. This is a good time/place to change staging applications db
passwords.

Things I have not deployed and why:

* basset - unclear if we are wanting this again to interface with noggin
or not.

* datagrepper/datanommer - We did not save any of the staging databases
sadly, so we would need to start with a copy of prod, but since we plan
to redo this application soon, I thought why not just wait until then
and we can deploy the replacement in stg.

* notifs - This is also going to get replaced, but also it would be
difficult to deploy in stg since it's on a EOL fedora.

* badges - do we want to deploy this in stg? Or was it going to move to
openshift?

* fedimg - we don't compose images in stg yet and we were going to
replace this anyhow.

* mailman - Also wanting to be redeployed, so figured there wasn't much
point in deploying the old thing again now.

So, basically everything is installed, we need to go and fix
applications now that aren't working. Perhaps this could be a good use
of a monitoring solution test. :)

One thing that needs doing soon is getting sssd working correctly in
staging, which will allow non root logins and sudo and hopefully groups
(some of which are used in playbooks). I hope to look more into that
next week.

Thoughts? questions?

kevin