Questions about rdiff-backup

Hi!

I was reading this SOP: https://fedora-infra-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sysadmin-guide/sops/rdiff-backup.html

Hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions about it:

1) Why rdiff-backup? There are other alternatives present both in the Fedora *and* CentOS/RHEL default repos like Amanda or Bacula, and lots more if you add the EPEL repo (rsnapshot, BackupPC, Borg...)

2) The current setup uses a few tools: cron, git, ansible and rdiff-backup. Wouldn't be simpler to use a tool that just takes care of everything by itself?

I'm not questioning this choice, I'm just curious about this tool. I never used it, so I'm trying to follow the reasoning of it being used to backup the whole infrastructure.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Manu