Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Manu Hernandez

FAS: manher
IRC: miausX or manher

Hi there!

My name is Manu.

I have been the sysadmin/tech support for a small manufacturing company
(about 100 employees) for twelve years.

Our IT team is rather small (two developers and me) and our
infrastructure is very simple: just a few servers and networking gear.
Nothing fancy.

As in most companies in the area, ours relies on Microsoft products, so
the core services are Windows based. We use VMware vSphere to manage our
virtual infrastructure.

I love FLOSS. Not only the software (the product), but the culture. It's
amazing what a community can achieve. So many people giving away it's
free time, effort and expertise...

I try to learn about and use FLOSS solutions as much as I can (and time
permits). I have being a Linux user since 2003 (with some hiatus and
lots of distro-hopping), and I use Fedora on all my computers, both at
home and at work.

My current homelab runs CentOS as a KVM hypervisor, and I plan to run
all the workloads with Fedora CoreOS and podman.

Also, I try to automate as much as I can, being Ansible my tool of
choice. I use Kickstart to deploy to bare metal and virtual machines.

I don't have experience with programming languages (very basic scripting
skills at most) but I'd love to learn Python.

So, why do I want to join the Fedora infrastructure team?

For two reasons: I want to give back to this amazing community and I
want to learn as much as I can from the team.

I'm a Jack-of-all-trades and I know I don't have much to offer to this
team, but my curiosity, tenacity and willingness to learn.

If I'm not a good fit for this team, don't worry! Just let me know. I'll
try to help in another way to the project.

Pointers and notes to improve my skill set are more than welcome.

Nice to meet you all, and thanks for reading!

Manu

PS - English is not my native language. I can read it without problems
but I'm a bit slow with the writing and have difficulties with the
listening. I'll try to improve that too!

-- Email domain proudly hosted at https://migadu.com