Re: packages app

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 02:56:08PM -0500, Brendan Early wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Timothée and I are working on fedora-packages-static. It's a lot simpler
> than the old packages app, it just generates static files that you can
> serve. The old packages app was missing packages and would time out if
> an external service took too long to respond. This approach eliminates
> those problems by not having the web server do that work on demand.
> Because these are just static files, search will need to be managed by
> something else (E.g. YaCy, Algolia). I have generated an example page
> and put a link below.
>

> Example:
> https://mymindstorm.fedorapeople.org/pkgs-demo/pkgs/numix-icon-theme-square/

Yeah, and msuchy (and others) have been working on:
https://github.com/xsuchy/fedora-packages-ng

My point is that we shouldn't have 2 groups working on the replacement,
that seems like it's taking time from one group we don't decide to use
the app from. Or is there a possibily to merge the two apps or split the
functionality up so both are complementary?

kevin