Re: What is our technical debt? (fedora integration service)

Pavel, thanks for bringing this up!

Funny thing is that you just described a lot of functionality of packit as a service :) getting events from multiple sources (fedora-messaging, CentOS' mqtt, GitHub webhooks, GitLab webhooks, prod/stg) and then have a mechanism to process those and provide updates. Big heads-up to everyone - it took us year+ to get such functionality, polish it, make it secure, scalable, auditable, maintainable. It's a ton of work.

If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

(one of the core components of packit's architecture is our library ogr [1], which serves as an abstraction layer on top of gitforge APIs - pagure, github, gitlab)

[1] https://github.com/packit-service/ogr/