Re: What is our technical debt?

> > 10. Our deployment infrastructure of kickstarts/pxe/tftp falls under
> > technical debt. It is based off of what we have been doing for 10+
> > years and it has broken a lot in this transition. When it works its
> > fine, and when it doesn't nothing works.
>
> I'm not sure any more 'modern' thing here would be much better on the
> hardware level. For vm's, yeah, there's some annoyances with
> virt-installs which we should either track down and fix, or just go to
> the 'use a cloud image and adjust it' mode.

HTTP Boot would be the "new" replacement for PXE/tftp in this context.
Most modern HW should support it, whether it supports HTTPS is less
sure, in the IoT gateway space we've had some rather dubious options,
but HTTP worked. Over all it's more secure and more straightforward
for firewalls etc as HTTP(S) is generally allowed.

>From a VM PoV it should "just work" for VMs that use tianocore/UEFI on
x86, not sure what the default is for the infra VMs, but I would
suggest that any VMs that currently use the old "BIOS" firmware be
moved over to UEFI as they're rebuilt as in the general industry UEFI
is now the default, some cloud providers aside, and it's certainly the
case for x86/aarch64 HW.

Not sure what the status is for Power/Z-series in this context.

Also does the new DC support IPv6 for external services now?

Peter