Re: IAD2 datacenter testing/application validation

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 03:22:02PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings everyone.
>
> We now have most things deployed in our new datacenter (IAD2).
>
> Accordingly, I would like to get some testing and validation started.
>
> Please see the following document:
>
> https://hackmd.io/op6N_nIaR7aMzw9Ib-sDAQ
>
> Please feel free to ask questions here and add/check off services that
> appear to be running as expected. Application owners (people in
> sysadmin-whatever groups) should check that they have the expected level
> of access as before, that their playbooks run (idempotently!) and the
> logs and any interfaces show the application appears to be running fine.
>
> We have this week and next to get everything in good shape for migration
> week (20202-06-08) when we will moving everything out of phx2.

I had a look at mm-backend01.iad2 and it seems work. Unfortunately it
does seem to work better than it should, because it is syncing out data
to the proxies. So now we have production data synced to the proxies
from phx2 but also data synced out from iad2, which is probably not as
up to date as phx2. I stopped cron on mm-backend01.iad2 for now to avoid
this.

		Adrian