ATTENTION: ansible repo moving soon

Greetings.

I'd like to let everyone know who uses it, that we are going to be
moving our ansible repo over to https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible
(note the lower case fedora-infra there, we are going to move the
existing Fedora-Infra one and make sure there's a redirect from it).

This move will take place possibly this weekend if all testing
goes well. If not, we will be looking to do it next week on tuesday.
We will provide a heads up in this thread before the outage.

Now, some Q&A, since those are fun:

Question: How long is the outage going to be?
Answer: We don't have an exact number, but I think it should be pretty
short. An hour or two at most.

Question: what do I need to do to keep pushing my changes after this?
Answer: You will need to clone the git repo from
https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible.git You should do this on your
day to day work machine (not batcave01).

Question: I used to push my changes in, but now it's denying me.
Answer: let us know in an infra ticket if you or others who need to
commit/merge PRs are unable to do so.

Question: why are you doing this?
Answer: we want PRs! This gives us:

* A easy way to review changes without sending patches to the list.
* A way to make sure changes in freeze are acked and pushed.
* Contributions from outside folks that just want to make specific
changes.
* ability to add CI/CD to changes and catch syntax errors early.
* More visibility as people can more easily 'see' the repo.

Question: why pagure? Why not gitlab? Or github? Or fossil?
Answer: we already have our tickets on pagure, so it makes sense to have
the ansible repo there too so we can refer to PR's/tickets easily, etc.
Someday we may move somewhere else, but today... is not that day.

Question: What happens if pagure wins the lotto and decides to quit
the source forge business? (Or is down for a long time, etc)
Answer: we are mirroring the ansible repo to batcave01. We have a
listener listening for fedora-messaging messages about commits or merges
and when they happen on pagure, our batcave01 repo updates right after.
So, the window is low for us missing changes, and we have a copy of the
repo there if we need to make changes when pagure is down.

Question: Why not put this in the same exact project as
fedora-infrastructure tickets are?
Answer: We already have a repo there, so it would mean pushing all the
commits over that. Also, we don't want to grant lots of people commit
there as that also allows them to see private tickets (which are usually
security or other sensitive issues), so a seperate repo seemed like an
easier thing to do.

Question: can I checkout on batcave01 and push my changes there like I
used to?
Answer: No. We don't want people forwarding their ssh agent into our
infra, so people push commits from your home machine.

Question: Do I still need to run ansible-playbook/rbac-playbook on
batcave01?
Answer: yes, batcave01 has the ansible ssh key in it's agent to allow it
to access all the machines, so you must continue to run that there.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

We hope this will help and make the team and community more productive,
happier, better looking and wise. All kudos to Pingou who has been
working on this and all flames my way. :)

kevin