Re: Backlog prioritization

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:40:25AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 09:03:02AM +0200, Clement Verna wrote:
> >      > * Migrate [6]stg.pagure.io and [7]src.stg.fedoraproject.org to RHEL8.
> >      >   While we're in freeze, I figure this is a good time to do this. We
> >      could do
> >      >   [8]pagure.io post-freeze and wait to do src.fp.o when it gets
> >      reinstalled in the
> >      >   new data-center.
> >
> >      Yeah, good to do. I was going to ask you about this the other day.
> >      Perhaps I could reinstall stg pagure with rhel8 some day my night and
> >      you could take over your next morning with reloading the old data/etc?
> >
> >      I agree it's a good time to do it.
> >
> >      Perhaps monday night I could try and do it and you could work on it
> >      tuesday morning?
> >
> >    That could be also a good first issue for Mark to work on with pingou on
> >    it since timezone will make that easier :-)
> >    What do you think ?
>
> That sounds good to me :)

ok, so monday night I would:

* take down pagure-stg
* spin up a new rhel8 based one.
* run the playbook as far as it will easily go
* copy a dump of the database and the old data to the new vm?
* let pingou and mark look at bringing it up the rest of the way

Do we want to save the old data? I guess it would be good to make sure
it all works before we do it in prod? Or do we want to just start out
with a new clean one?

Or do you want me to just step back here and you two can do the entire
thing? (Thats just fine with me too).

kevin