Re: ansible playbook to create koji tags

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 19:11, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 04:20:22PM +0200, Clement Verna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been playing a little bit around with the koji-ansible collection
> and created a Proof of Concept playbook that creates the main tags for a
> release in koji (staging).
>
> I have installed the collection on batcave01 running the following
>
> ```
> ansible-galaxy collection install
> ktdreyer.koji_ansible:0.0.0-git.274+c448a960
> ```

huh. Where did that install to?

I would have hoped /usr/share/ansible/collections/ but it seems no?

The default is under /root/.ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ but that can be configured in the ansible.cfg.

> And the playbook is available under
> playbooks/manual/releng/koji-release-tags.yml [0]. For now there is still
> very much a lot of things hard coded, but that should give us a good idea
> of what we can do with that collection.

Cool! Yeah, we should be able to use the release variables I setup a
while back, ie, f{{ FedoraRawhideNumber }} and such.

It would be awesome to have all these in there and just change the
variable and branching and run it and done.

> Members of the sysadmin-main group can try the playbook by running
>
> ```
> ansible-playbook
> /srv/web/infra/ansible/playbooks/manual/releng/koji-release-tags.yml --check
> ```
>
> For now it is executed on `composer.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org` and it is
> using this host keytab to authenticate with koji.
>
> I ll keep working on this and see if I can turn it in a role that could be
> used to create all the tags for each release, in the mean time if you have
> ideas or feedback please share them with me :-).

There are so many tags and such, not sure how to organize it so they
look clear, but I guess we can look at that down the road...

Yeah that's why I think a role or more might help here, also I am not sure if things like the groups associated to tags are managed somewhere else, or should they be described in the playbook/role too.

Thanks for working on this!

kevin