Re: Weekly Backlog Refinement - Week Mar 30 2020

I don't talk about the need of the feature itself, I'm just saying that it's not worth to do the changes in the places that will be replaced anyway.

On 03/04/2020 22:04, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2020-04-02 at 11:08 +0200, Michal Konecny wrote:
#7880 email2fas not working in production (fedmsg/datanommer,
fedmsg/irc) - https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7880
Trouble : medium
Gain : low
Not sure about this one, FAS will be replaced soon,
fedmsg_meta_fedora_infrastructure will go away with fedmsg. I think this
is not worth our time, but we should instead think about including this
into fedora messaging.
Yeah, even if you replace the systems, the *feature* is still needed:
whether the lookup happens in FAS or AAA, whether the thing doing the
looking up is a fedmsg meta processor or a fedora-messaging schema,
"what Fedora account is associated with this email address?" is a thing
we need as long as we have messages from systems which give us email
addresses and not Fedora accounts (*cough cough* Bugzilla).

--
Role: Fedora CPE Team - Software Engineer
IRC: mkonecny