Re: Proposing keeping multiple versions of the same package in the updates repo

> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 10:03 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>
> It's pretty easy to do this with the Koji CLI:
>
> koji download-build --arch=x86_64 --arch=noarch (NVR)
> dnf downgrade *.rpm

We'll probably need to write some Chef resources (equivalent to Ansible modules) to handle installing packages from Koji then. That way we can automate fixes based on hardware types, instead of asking individually affected users to first install Koji's CLI and then either learn it or (worse) copy paste some commands :)

Taking Kevin's answer into account too -- yeah, in case where there are security updates I could imagine managing multiple versions of updates could be even more problematic.

Thanks everyone! I'll probably hold off on taking it to -devel or to FESCo just yet, and explore automating Koji via Chef first.