Re: Weekly Backlog Refinement - Week Mar 09 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 02:45, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2020-03-09 at 17:00 +0100, Michal Konecny wrote:
> > #7935 Nightlies (Rawhide and Branched) not imported to PDC -
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7935
> This is too much trouble for low gain, we should direct our manpower to
> FPDC instead.

This seems like a false evaluation to me. Presumably when FPDC is done,
it will be populated by transferring in data from PDC. Garbage (or non-
existence) in, garbage (or non-existence) out - if a bunch of data that
should be in PDC is missing, it is not going to magically turn up when
FPDC is deployed.

It is not clear yet how or when FPDC will be done (There is currently no work happening on the replacement of PDC). The little work I did was to look at the releng use cases and try to identify how we could use another service to get the data we currently get from PDC which are mainly information about component branches and state of releases. So we need to also look at the other use cases of PDC and look at possible alternatives that does not involved yet another application developed  by the Fedora Community for example something like Kinto (https://github.com/Kinto/kinto) might be a good fit.

As noted in https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7935#comment-631920 ,
the last two official stable Fedora releases were not imported to PDC.
That's pretty important archival information we're missing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey