Re: Weekly Backlog Refinement - Week Mar 09 2020

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 02:47:47PM +0100, Clement Verna wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> This is the first email with trying to better prioritize our backlog of
> ticket ( https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues ).

Thanks for doing this!

> So let's look at 5 tickets and rate them using the following categories :
> * low-trouble, medium-trouble, high-trouble
> * low-gain, medium-gain, high-gain
>
> #8455 Move mailman to newer release of Fedora or CentOS -
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8455
Trouble : High.
Gain : medium

I think this is kind of stalled, because it needs for us to have a
mailman3 rpm that works in fedora/epel8. Right now in Fedora it's FTBFS
and it's being worked on. Also, there's other parts like hyperkitty, etc
that aren't packaged yet. So, I wonder if this might be better as an
initative? since we need packaging, then deployment/testing then
migration and finally hand off to production.

> #8167 Adding topic authorization to our RabbitMQ instances -
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8167
Trouble : low
Gain : high

I think this should just need config, but abompard would be the one to
ask. If so, we should do it soon and make sure it works, then we will
need to upgrade prod.

> #8035 A few final ansible secrets for kerneltest -
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8035
Trouble : low
Gain : low

First, I guess we should make sure jcline still needs this. ;)
Next tho, we have https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7743
which is a template for these requests. I think I orig stalled on this
one waiting for that one to finish so we would be able to easily collect
all the info on it we need to make it. So, perhaps it's worth moving
7743 to finish and using this one to test it?

> #7935 Nightlies (Rawhide and Branched) not imported to PDC -
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7935
Trouble : high
Gain : low

Doing anything other than turning off pdc is fraught with peril. ;)
That said, this is likely because we added flatpaks.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/releng-cron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/S45GEWK3MZYBS5PZTUPQS7Z5CQIJWMHX/
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/releng-cron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/YWXVNR4LF2RBFTN6LQBLFW7YQTKQUUW4/
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/releng-cron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/2LFFLGQ7EBUDH2JRUKD5I6I7AUUW7IS7/

And adamw can chime in on the gain here. ;)
Hurray! Stakeholders!

> #7919 Fix fas fedmsg sending in openshift -
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7919
Trouble : medium
Gain : high

This one is causing 2-3 people a week to wonder why their ssh key didn't
update and ask around and finally ask smooge or I and we run the
playbook to update it. It's anoying from a support side.

> Let's also use this thread to ask questions and clarifications if needed.
> Also if you have any ideas or feedback on how to improve that process I am
> happy to hear about it :-).

I think it's a great thing to start in on. ;)

kevin