Re: Questions about possible ODCS migration to Openshift.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 07:18:53AM +0100, Jan Kaluza wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm considering migration of ODCS
> > (https://odcs.fedoraproject.org/api/1/composes/) to Openshift in order
> > to make it more scalable and also to make it closer to internal ODCS
> > deployment which I would like to also move to Openshift in the future.
> > I have some questions related to this:
> >
> > 1) ODCS needs /mnt/koji mounted in read-only mode. Based on my
> > information, it should be possible to mount /mnt/koji in read-only
> > mode in Openshift. Do you foresee any issues with this?
>
> The biggest problem with it is that openshift wont let multiple pods use
> the same pv, so you have to make N of them confusingly, but I guess
> thats not a blocker.
>
> > 2) ODCS needs /srv/odcs NFS storage ("fedora_odcs") mounted in
> > read-write mode. Is it possible and safe to mount this storage in
> > Openshift in read-write?
>
> Yeah, should be. But note only in one pod.

Thanks for your response Kevin. Everything is clear except of this ^ one note.

I thought I would have multiple backends (pods) running in Openshift
and each of them would be able to write to /srv/odcs. Why is it
possible to have write access only for single pod?

Maybe I could go without /srv/odcs NFS storage completely and just use
openshift internal volumes (If it's also possible to create them in
Fedora Openshift). But during the devconf, I've been discussing the
possibility with Mohan and Tomas Hrcka to create some composes for
them using ODCS and I think they will in the end need these composes
to be stored on some NFS storage, so they will need a way to access
them from outside of Openshift. I thought using /srv/odcs would be
ideal for this.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza