Re: Wikiedit FAS group and Fedora Join new workflow

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 08:21:57 -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Then there has been a lot of confusion because we also don't really
> have the resources to administer wikiedit and thought this was what
> this group was to help us with.

The Join SIG's plan was to remove the wikiedit group altogether, not
take it on as an additional group to manage.

The Join SIG helps newbies join/integrate with the community. They get
sponsored to a team when they're ready and thereby gain the required
privileges.  So, the use case for wikiedit that Ben pointed
out---community members who are not new, not part of any Fedora teams
(and thus, FAS groups) but require wiki access for tasks---doesn't fit
with the Join SIG's ideas/target audience/plans/workflows.

So, if there are newbies who request wikiedit for user pages, for
example, please send them to us---we are the right people for them to
speak to. For other cases, we aren't.

I thought I'd said all this stuff in my previous replies. I'm sorry if I
was not clear enough.

> I guess we need to start over here
> because I don't know what the solution is.

Maybe infra could give wikiedit away to the community like the other
web-apps?

--
Thanks,
Regards,