OpenShift-apps playbooks in the master.yml playbook

Hey all,

I have just disabled the openshift-apps playbooks from running in the master playbook run (see https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/master.yml?id=dccf42cd510703d6ddb5bb444aed7ce24ee1c334).

The reason behind is that the openshift-apps playbook are written to trigger a new build and a new deployment of the application at each run, this means that every time the master.yml playbook is run we build a version of the application and deploy it.
Since a few of our applications are using source-to-image to build the container directly from git it means that a master.yml run can deploy new code into production without the maintainer of that application being aware of it.

I wanted to raise awareness of this problem and ask the following questions.

Do we need to have the openshift-apps in the master.yml ? If yes how do we prevent the run from deploying unwanted changes in production ?

Thanks
Clément