Re: ansible-report git hook design

On Fri, 2019-10-25 at 19:04 +0200, Clement Verna wrote:
> I think the main reason why we don't already have it on Pagure is
> that we don't want to be dependent of our own infrastructure to host
> this repo. It currently lives on the batcave01 host which is the box
> we use to deploy our infrastructure. So to me if we are going to host
> this repository on a git forge I think using an external service
> would make sense.

+1

> Of course we would then be dependent on a third party

Well, since git itself is a distributed scm, we aren't really
dependent. I bet there are many many copies of the Ansible repo on all
of our laptops (I have it on my laptop and on a local repospanner forge
in my house right now!). So even if we had it on Git* and that thing
went down, we still have like a hundred other copies of it.

> I think that the % of availability of GitHub or GitLab is much higher
> than ours, they have dedicated teams working on making sure their
> service is available when we struggle to keep all our infra running.
> Also their main business and expertise is to run a git forge service,
> they have the infrastructure and the hardware for that, while our
> main business is to build and release a Linux distribution (A really
> good one :-)

+1

> After I am not really interested in a long debate in regards of where
> that repo should be hosted, to me what matters is that we should have
> the Fedora Community in only one place be it GitLab like the Gnome
> community or GitHub where we already have fedora-infra, fedora-cloud,
> fedora CoreOS.

Yeah GitHub and GitLab are both great.