Re: communishift retrospective - 2019-08-23 18:00UTC

On 8/20/19 10:32 AM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> On 8/19/19 6:13 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Greetings everyone.
>>
>> I'd like to invite everyone to a retrospective on communishift.
>>
>> In particular I'd like to discuss the setup and how we could do things
>> better, but anything communishift would be welcome, such as:
>>
>> * plans to advertise more? Perhaps community blog post/posts on new apps?
>>
>> * Tutorials/how to setup your app pages/blog posts?
>>
>> * Any administrative questions/comments/concerns?
>>
>> I'd like to meet in #fedora-meeting at 18UTC on friday.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Hi, I can't make the meeting but a few thoughts I have:
>
> 1. Any timelines for OpenStack-hosted apps => Communishift?

Well, we want to do this as soon as possible. If you have an app there
and can migrate it, please do!

> 2. Gathering up a list of who owns OpenStack VMs, maybe there are things
> there that people have forgotten about

I can gather that list. I'd like to cull obviously non used ones and
then can post that list back here?

> 3. Recommending existing resources/docs for getting a containerized app
> into a containerized app running in OpenShift

Well, this is just like any other openshift install, so any docs on how
to do that that already exist should work fine. :)

> 4. Docs on adding others to Communishift shared projects; the things I
> want to run there have groups/SIGs that I would like to share access

Yeah, I need to look up those... I know I found it sometime, but now I
can't see it. ;(

> A Community Blog post announcing general availability of Communishift
> and where to learn more is a good idea too.

+1. Should I write up something, or would someone else like to?

> Thanks for putting this together Kevin! I'll keep an eye out for the
> minutes.

No problem.

kevin