Re: Access for dusty to sysadmin-main

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 16:40, Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect this request might fall short, but I figure I'll start a dialog.

> I'd like to help if possible, but I understand if my request isn't granted.

I have a counter idea which probably won't fly well either. My main
thing I would like is that people who are in main are doing the
following:
1. Regularly taking IRC oncall for a week
2. Regularly taking 'pager' duty for a week. At the moment this means
taking all the pages all the time but just listening to it when
oncall. I would love a way that pages was just 1-2 people for a week..
which would make that more possible.
3. Let people know what their areas of expertise are and take those tickets.

I am less inclined to have people on main who are just doing it for
one set of things because it doesn't help us lower our overall
workload.. it just allows that person fix their problem.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.