Re: Bodhi 4.0.0 deployed, one known issue so far

On Wed, 2019-05-29 at 11:58 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Could you make a container image based on F30 that can be run on
> F29/EPEL 7/8?  That offers users a way to use the new tool on the OS
> of their choice and avoids you having to write new code or bring back
> a bunch of dependencies to the Fedora release itself.

Yeah anyone could easily do this (just a FROM line [note: it's in
Rawhide, not F30] and a RUN dnf install line), but there are also
dependencies on bodhi-client in EPEL 7 and F29/30 so it wouldn't fully
address the issue. Any end user who wants to work around it could do
this though, and I have also provided a Copr[0] that has the new Bodhi
client that you can use too.

I also considered modularity, but there's currently a stay on adding
new packages to the default stream since RPMs can't currently depend on
modules (and things do depend on Bodhi).

Miro and I have proposed on the FESCo ticket to create a bodhi3-client
package and upgrade F29/30 to Bodhi 4.

[0] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bowlofeggs/bodhi