Re: Greenwave released

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 02:37:30PM +0200, Giulia Naponiello wrote:
>    Hello,
>    I've released the new version of Greenwave in prod.
>    The new version is 1.1.0.
>
>    Here are the release notes:
>
>    * Retrieve only latest results when verbose=True: that's a decision API
>    performance improvement and refactor.
>    * PackageSpecificBuild is obsolete, not deprecated: fixing the error
>    message, to be sure to not create confusion.
>    * Add the option to use git archive to retrieve a gating.yaml file from
>    dist-git: this is to address when the dist-git deployment doesn't have a
>    UI that updates in real-time, such as cgit.
>    * Consider scenario when selecting latest results for the decision making
>    process.
>    * Add tests for subject type bodhi_update.
>    * Return warning if there is no parent policy for a remote rule policy:
>    users may mistakenly configure a parent policy with a decision_context and
>    a gating.yaml file with another decision_context. This can cause
>    unnecessary delays for the user. In order to avoid this, add a check in
>    the validate_gating_yaml endpoint.
>    * Bug fix: Greenwave was publishing a message even when the decision
>    didn't change.
>    * Greenwave now allows messaging also with fedora-messaging.
>    * Remove duplicated waivers and results from response: when asked for a
>    decision, Greenwave returns multiple results or waivers when verbose==True
>    in case the same subject gets repeated.
>    * Add several other tests and improved dev environment.

I have just re-run our test script for multi-build updates.
Last time we had (these numbers are about the requests using verbose=True):
- default 30 seconds time-out:
  - 29 != 200 out of 81 updates tested
- 330 seconds time-out
  - 11 != 200 out of 83 updates tested
- 660 seconds time-out
  - 10 != 200 out of 83 updates tested

Based on this and the number of updates who reached the time-out limit, we set
the new time-out to be at 128 seconds.

With the new greenwave:
- 128 seconds time-out
  - 3 != 200 out of 83 updates tested, so we're at 3.61%
    -> Of these 3 updates, 2 are reaching the 128 seconds time-out, one returns
    a 502 in 65 seconds

With the old version and using verbose=False, the best we did was 3 updates not
returning a 200.
With this new version, all updates tested have returned a 200.

This is really nice to see, thanks Giulia and to all your team as well for your
work on this!

The script testing single-build updates is currently running, I'll send a follow
up once it completed.

Thanks again,
Pierre