Re: pagure -> bugzilla sync script 'tiger team'

On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 21:04, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> In triaging ticket last week, we noticed there are several related to
> the pagure to bugzilla sync script.
>
> This script runs once a day (at 18utc) and syncs the point of
> contact/watchers/committers/etc to bugzilla components.
>
> Here's a meta ticket for issues:
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/7690
>
> That lists the other 4 tickets outstanding on it.
>
> The script is in our ansible repo:
> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/tree/roles/distgit/pagure/templates/pagure-sync-bugzilla.py.j2
>
> In addition to the 4 tickets theree's a number of other issues with the
> script:
>
> * It fires of a query for every single package/container/module against
> fedora-scm-requests to see if there's an override for it. We should
> bundle this information up somehow, or move the overrides to a better
> place or do something to end those 25,000 queries.
>
> * Some folks wanted to add the 'packager' group to their package, with
> the idea being that they wanted anyone in packager group to be able to
> push changes. This "works", but the script then tries to mail
> devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as the 'address' for 'packager'.
> It would be nice to filter this out on a configurable set of groups.
>
> * We have a small number of things we don't manage in the script: the
> distribution component, the various spins components, basically anything
> thats not a package/module/container/rpm. It would be nice to manage
> those from the script too so we had a nice place to create/remove them.
>
> Anyhow, given all these issues, I thought it would be interesting to try
> and get a small team together sometime next week and attack re-doing
> this script. I'd be happpy to help from the sysadmin side of things, but
> I would love to get a few python savvy folks involved. Any takers?

I ll be happy to help working on that. It seems that we already have a
good idea of what needs to be done, do we want to spend 3-4 days on
that next week ? if this can be done during freeze ?

Also this can be a good opportunity for an apprentice to join the team
and help us :-), maybe we can add this to meeting agenda what do you
think ?

Thanks
Clément