Re: [release] fedora-messaging-1.6.0

On 4/7/19 1:49 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On 4/6/19 9:08 AM, Jeremy Cline wrote:
Hey folks,

Earlier last week I tagged 1.6.0 of fedora-messaging; the release notes
are in the docs[1].

Awesome. Thanks for all the work on it.

There is also documentation on connecting to Fedora's message broker
externally. I would be very grateful if interested folks could run
through the documentation[2] and let me know if they hit any snags or
if anything was confusing. If you're not up and running in two minutes,
there's a problem with the documentation.

Worked fine here. ;)

Great, thanks for giving it a try.

Are there any plans to have something like fedmsg-tail and
fedmsg-trigger? those are both quite useful. Also, is there any chance
for something like fedmsg's '--terse' output? ie, one line condensed
version of the message?

I don't have any specific plans, but those should all be very easy to implement as consumer functions. In the demo config, it's just using
the "fedora_messaging.example:printer" callback which is basically just:

def printer(message):
    print(message)

so there's definitely room for fancier "printer-like" callbacks. For
that and other general callbacks (like executing some command), we could
certainly include and document them in fedora-messaging.

Could you file an issue[0] and cover the things you currently do or
would *like* to do? Re-implementing the functionality of those commands
in fedora-messaging is fine, but it wouldn't hurt to incorporate
any obvious improvements while we're at it.

[0] https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedora-messaging/issues

- Jeremy