Re: [Freeze Break Request] Add zchunk support to updates and updates-testing repositories

On 3/11/19 12:26 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> This adds zchunk support for the updates and updates-testing
> repositories for both rpms and modularity.  We already have zchunk metadata being generated for the fedora repository.  I'd like to get this in before Beta comes out so Beta users will have zchunk-enabled updates-testing repositories when Beta is released.

yeah, hopefilly not too much pain since it's been in rawhide a while now.

> I am making the assumption that a zchunk-enabled createrepo_c (0.12.0-2
> or later) is available on the builders (I think I'm safe making that
> assumption, since zchunk metadata is already being generated for some
> repos).

Well, bodhi-backend01 (where the updates process/pungi runs for these)
has a newer one, so yes. It's all run on bodhi-backend01, not builders.

> I have *not* tested this patch, because I'm not sure how I'd go about
> doing so.  If we don't have any test builders, my suggestion would be
> to wait until no compose is running, and then run this play on a
> builder, verifying that the generated pungi configuration is valid for
> both f29 and f30, with no createrepo_extra_args in f29.

yeah, we can commit this, run the playbook then examine the results.

kevin