Re: Koji 1.17.0 and Python 3

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 9:44 AM Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I disabled autopushing precisely so that there's no accidental pushing
> > to stable updates. The worst thing that can happen is that we have to
> > unpush the update from testing. Seriously, that's really not the end
> > of the world.
> >
> > Nowhere did I say that releng needs to deploy this RIGHT NOW. Having
> > this in rawhide and F30 updates-testing makes it possible for the
> > dependency map for Python 2 to cleanup even more, allowing the Python
> > SIG to continue its work to clean out Python 2 subpackages in Fedora
> > 30/31.
>
> So if you've disabled/removed python2 support in Fedora 30 you've
> broken image building at least.

I double-checked this and you're sadly right. I've fixed this so
koji-builder is now using Python 2 again.

I thought I had validated all the dependencies for Koji we use in
infra to have been ported, but alas, imgfac hasn't been done yet.

Sorry all. I've learned my lesson. I'm not going to touch
infrastructure in Fedora directly again.