A short reminder on commit messages, freezes and hotfixes

Greetings everyone.

First, I don't mean to point to anyone specifically here, but I just
wanted to send a reminder about some things:

1. For ansible commit messages, could everyone try and do:

area/thing/host: short synopsis of the change
<blank line>
Longer explanation of the change.

I realize it's anoying when just fixing a syntax error from a previous
commit or something, but when looking back at commit history it's really
a lot nicer to see:

src.fedoraproject.org: fixing a typo in previous commit, Z should be Q

than

fix error

I realize it's fun to add amusing log entries, but I have had to look at
git commit logs and it really makes it anoying to tell when something
was done unless it's nice and clear. Feel free to add your funny line in
the longer comment. :)

2. We are in freeze, so please get freeze breaks for any frozen hosts.
Of course if something is down/on fire you can push the fix and then go
back and make sure it gets approved. This will get a bunch easier when
we have ansible repo in pagure.

3. Finally: hotfixes. We have a process for these... I don't know if
it's too much of a pain or what, but it seems like sometimes we just
don't use it. The basic process is:

* add ansible play to copy files from our repo to the filesystem
* commit all the files you are going to touch.
* commit in a second commit the changes for the hotfix.
* push both with a comment about it.
* run playbook.

Perhaps we could make this easier with a ansible hotfix role that
already had all the ansible side and you just needed to commit the files
and diffs? in any case, it makes my teeth itch when running ansible or
applying updates drops a hotfix.

Thanks and I return you to your wed. :)

kevin