Re: [EPEL-devel] Re: Fedora project login

On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 11:29:08AM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 1/2/19 10:59 AM, James Cassell wrote:

> >> Sorry to hear it. ;(

> >> Can you expand on that? What did it do? You got a username/password
> >> dialog? It said password incorrect? or any other messages/errors?
> >>

> > Here's my experience:
> > Go to https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org
> > Click "Login"
> > Dialog pops up asking for user/pass

I am going to guess that you are using Windows, and this is a popup by Windows itself.
Ipsilon is trying to perform GSSAPI (Kerberos) authentication for automatic sign-in,
but where Linux just says "I don't have a ticket", Windows will prompt you for your
password to get a ticket itself.
However, Windows does not support the protocols that are needed to get a ticket for
the Fedora Project kerberos realm, meaning that it has no way at all to actually
correctly process your ticket.
Only after Windows attempted this and says "I don't have a ticket", does Ipsilon
get the option of showing up and prompting you for your password.

> > Click Cancel
> > Page comes up for FAS log in
> > Put Fedora Account System credentials
> > Click "Log In"
> > Get redirected back to bodhi, logged in.
> >
> > Typing my FAS credentials into the first pop up dialog just shows the dialog again and does not log me in.

If it's a Windows (or browser) pop-up, do not enter your Fedora password there, it won't work.

> This sounds like a bug we have seen in the past where fas sends a 503 or
> something and ipsilon only stores partial info in cookies in your
> browser and then thinks it has all the info on retries.

Not in this case.