Re: Proposal : Use OSBS to build the fedora container base image

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 9:54 AM Dennis Gregorovic <dgregor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Forwarding info I got from Tomas off-line...
>
> """
> oz should be py3-ready according to clancellete (not tested by me). I've started some work on ImageFactory, but didn't get too far as there were other priorities. It seemed to be doable (waited on oz in that time), so if we want to give it some resources (very rough estimation ~1month/man to get both things running together)
>
> About ImageFactory maintaining - I don't think there is anybody actively maintaining it, nearest shot is Brendan. Both mailing lists are dead from 2014/2015.
>
> btw, for OSBS it should be no difference while koji builders are still python2. ImageFactory is running there and needs to be same python version as kojid (it is used as library, not separate process).
> """

The PRs for Koji to move to Python 3 are waiting for their review to
be completed to be merged:

* https://pagure.io/koji/pull-request/1117
* https://pagure.io/koji/pull-request/921
* https://pagure.io/koji/pull-request/891

Basically, as soon as someone gives a crap about it, these can be
finished up, merged, and we can have Koji switched to Python 3.