Re: attention brno folks: testing wanted

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 05:20:28PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> A while back we had reports from folks particularly in Brno that
> operations to pagure.io were very slow. We put in place a workaround
> while we worked on the issue with network providers and tried various
> things. I'd like to know if any of those things have fixed (or at least
> made better) the issue.
>
> So, if you had slow pagure connections in the past, can you:
>

> time git clone https://pagure.io/pagure.git
> time curl https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/3714
> time curl https://releases.pagure.org/virt-viewer/virt-viewer-x86-7.0.msi

 Hey,

  I'm from Poland, which is close enough to Brno and far away from Pagure.
Tests times are similar:

real    0m12.774s
user    0m3.900s
sys     0m0.881s

real    0m1.417s
user    0m0.017s
sys     0m0.012s

real    0m0.977s
user    0m0.017s
sys     0m0.007s

  With forced DNS entries:

real    0m14.382s
user    0m4.004s
sys     0m0.856s

real    0m1.244s
user    0m0.016s
sys     0m0.008s

real    0m0.854s
user    0m0.016s
sys     0m0.007s

  My network connection is residential, symmetrical 100MBps. As Fedora
developer I've pagure.io cached in resolver probably, so the tests
may not be relevant.

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg@xxxxxxxxx   one blends softly casual into the other.