Re: FAS & openid application development

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd <bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 3:25 PM Radka Janekova <radka.janek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

please excuse me if this information is somewhere and I failed to find it...

I'm looking for a way to add an application / get an id, to be used in a web application used to authenticate the user with Fedora account. I did not see any mention of it in the auth/openid wiki page, I'm assuming that it would be to create a ticket with infrastructure?

Who would be the right person to talk to about this topic? Willing to spare a bit of time to provide some guidance? (Czech would be welcome as it is a local high school intern working on the project, and I'm not entirely confident in his English :P)

Project details to give you a better picture what am I talking about - A website where the user will log-in with their Fedora account, then have some options to choose from, these would be generated based on their scope/groups ...

This sounds like a really cool project.  I went looking for docs/descriptions and didn't see them.  Where can I find it?

It's the same project I was proposing for GSOC half a year ago, my intern was not in the office over the summer holiday so we got to it only now... Struggling to find a good library for openid right now.
The definition, although at this point slightly out of date (needs to be updated with more details on fas authentication,) can be found at https://github.com/Fedora-dotnet/verification-fas-discord-reddit

Thanks,

bex

Thank you,
Radka

Radka Janeková
.NET Engineer, Red Hat
IRC: radka | Freenode: Rhea

Brian (bex) Exelbierd | bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx | bex@xxxxxxxxx
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org