Re: FAS & openid application development

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 09:36:57AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:24 AM Radka Janekova <radka.janek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > please excuse me if this information is somewhere and I failed to find it...
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to add an application / get an id, to be used in a web application used to authenticate the user with Fedora account. I did not see any mention of it in the auth/openid wiki page, I'm assuming that it would be to create a ticket with infrastructure?
> >
> > Who would be the right person to talk to about this topic? Willing to spare a bit of time to provide some guidance? (Czech would be welcome as it is a local high school intern working on the project, and I'm not entirely confident in his English :P)
> >
> > Project details to give you a better picture what am I talking about - A website where the user will log-in with their Fedora account, then have some options to choose from, these would be generated based on their scope/groups ...
> >

> You should be able to do this out of the gate as-is. If it's Python
> based using Flask, you can use `python3-fedora-flask` and source that
> module to pre-configure for authentication with FAS. For other
> language stacks, take a look at how it works in Python[1] and adapt
> accordingly.

It also depends if you're going to use openid or openid-connect. For the former
there is nothing to do on our end, it's the plain, usual openid protocol.
For the later, that application would need to be registered in our end but for
development purposes you can register against iddev.fedorainfracloud.org see the
"registration" paragraph in https://flask-oidc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Pierre