PDC status

Good Morning Everyone,

With flock next week I figured you may want to discuss there the future of PDC.
So here is a little status update of where things stand now.

We had a meeting a little while back that resulted in the following summary
email:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/N5UHPQE4NZO6O4VZK7WPFWPWVSSN3367/

The gist of is was:
- The critpath boolean will be ported to bodhi who is the main (but not only)
  consumer of it. Bodhi will have an API to expose that boolean and allow releng
  to change it.
- Module metadata will go into MBS
- The dependency data (which RPMs depend on which) will be dropped for now

The rest of the data stored in PDC: compose metadata, release life-circle
tracking, packages/branches information, need to find a new home.
That new home will be a new app, most likely in Django and using the Django Rest
Framework (DRF) which should allow to re-use some of the code from PDC.

Kellin had agreed to be the project leader on this and was working on gathering
the requirements for the new home.
Pingou had agreed to look for the team to build that new home.

When PDC was announced to be retired we hot offered help to build the new home
for the data it stores and help migrate away from it.
I contacted the person who made that offer and, it is still valid granted we can
provide a list of requirements for the new system and a time estimate.
Basically, so we can say: we need X persons to do these things which we estimate
will take Y weeks.
In addition, Aurélien mentioned he may be interested with this effort but has
also some work on his plate (including the next gen fedmsg: fedora-messaging).

Finally, Kellin has left Red Hat and thus no longer has the time to be the
project leader on this project. So afaik, we currently have no lead on this
and I do not know what was the status of Kellin's gathering of the requirements.

Hoping this helps discussing things next week.

Have a nice day,
Pierre