Re: Compose tooling completed deadline today

On 07/19/2018 04:16 AM, Clement Verna wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 at 23:33, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/18/2018 10:40 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
>>> Hi Infra team,
>>>
>>> The schedule[1] says today is the deadline for compose tooling
>>> completed. Are we good on this or are there still changes to that in
>>> flight?
>>>
>>> [1] https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-29/f-29-infrastructure.html
>>>
>> I'm not fully sure what this deadline means. :)
>>
>> There's serveral things ongoing in compose tooling, but it's unclear to
>> me what deadlines they might have. Off the top of my head:
>>
>> * OSBS alternative arches. cverna has been working on this, but I don't
>> know that there's a deadline for it being done.
>
> Yes I am only starting to look at this with ppc64le as a first candidate.
>

>> * Shipping container updates in bodhi. I think bodhi has all the code
>> written for this, we just need to hook everything up, but again I am not
>> sure what the deadline for this is.
>>
> Randy and I met yesterday to start looking at the integration bits. I
> think there is a good chance to have this in place for f29.
>
>> * flatpak building and shipping. This one is getting a lot closer, but I
>> don't know thats it's tied to f29 either.
>
> OSBS can build flatpak, but there are other service impacted like
> bodhi, the registry etc. Here too I think we have good chance to have
> it ready for f29

Well, then I still don't understand this date/deadline... because if
it's the compose tooling for f29, it means all the rest will have to
wait for f30, since the deadline has passed.

But perhaps it's compose tooling for changes for f29 ?

Really the above items I think can just be landed when they are ready,
doesn't have to be at release time.

kevin