Re: Fedora and PDC, road forward

On 06/13/2018 02:50 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On 06/13/2018 03:03 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> ok. Note that this data changes over time, and releng needs a script to
>> update it (or better a automatic updating of it).
>
> Yeah there is a Bodhi ticket about this and I noted that we will need to
> make sure we still work with releng's script if we make the change:
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/2433

Yeah, it sure would be nice if we could just have something run in cron
once a day or so and just update it. Releng has not been good about
running this script often.

>> We might want to bring up the bigger topic of if we want to bother
>> keeping this. The only current use of it is some rules about going
>> stable in bodhi... are those actually useful?
>
> This sounds like a policy decision, so perhaps the question could be
> posed to FESCo or possibly the packaging committee. It does make some
> intuitive sense to me that we would treat certain packages more
> stringently than we do others, but I don't have data to say one way or
> the other whether the current policies are beneficial. I will say that I
> would feel uncomfortable changing the policy without the blessing of a
> governing body.

Yes, this is definitely something for FESCo.
They made the update policy that uses it.

I can take it to them, I just wanted to see if there was a general sense
that it was useful and we should keep it, or it was pointless and we
should drop it. Perhaps I'll post to devel about it to see what the
general feeling is.

kevin