Re: Libravatar shutting down on 2018-09-01

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Eduard Lucena <x3mboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was reseraching a little bit and I found that this project is made in
> python with Django. Is it possible that we can take this project and do an
> implementation of our own?

I don't know if there's a reason _not_ to take over the project. We
use it heavily through our infrastructure, and it preserves a Free
alternative to Gravatar.

The main problem, of course, is finding someone who wants to run it...

Lately, we've been shedding applications left and right (even useful
ones that contributors relied on!), so I don't know if the fact we
have this need would encourage someone to do it.