Deploying JS-based application (Hubs)

Good Morning Everyone,

There has been work on fedora-hubs for a while now and there is an objective to
make it live in staging early this year.
However, there is a question about how we want to deploy such application.

So far we have asked that all our application be packaged in RPMs. The main
application may not be in the official Fedora repositories but (for most) we
asked that all of its dependencies are.
For example, pkgdb or pagure aren't in Fedora's repositories themselves, but we
still build them in koji pulling the dependencies from the official repos.

Hubs is the second of our app where this model is almost not workable because it
is written in nodejs where every file is/can be a separate package and semantic
versioning sometime not very well respected.

The other application we have that is in nodejs is the flock registration
application that, iirc, we run in our cloud.

However, hubs is not meant to be run in our cloud.

So how do we want to deploy hub?
Do we allow npm install? Do we want to use container? Should it target
openshift?
How do we want to handle updates? (especially considering the semantic
versioning aspect mentioned above)

What do people think?

Thanks,
Pierre