Re: October status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?
 netcronin

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
Yes, I have. I would like to do this more.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?
I still wish to contribute on the sysadmin/operations side.  Anything and everything I can do to help!

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues?status=Open&tags=easyfix
Yes. I helped smooge with ticket #5931
Some of the current easyfix tickets seem beyond my skillset in terms of understanding the current infrastructure, but I'll keep my eye out.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
Absolutely!

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?
Not currently. I try to contribute whenever there's something I can help with.

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved? Finding
> things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you? Finding
> tickets in your interest area?
I think it's difficult to get tickets and get involved. The easyfix list is only a small percentage of the actual issues logged on pagure, and it looks like the easyfix ansible role is stagnant. I understand it's tough to asses the skill level of all the apprentices, so adding to the easyfix is not that simple for the senior admins.  I would like to help out more but it's tough to know where to start. I've been going through the Ansible master trying to find typos and such, but beyond that, I'm not sure where to contribute. I think with the infrastructure being so big it's taking time for me (and other new people) to understand how all the pieces work.  I think in the beginning it's tough to get work done without actually being assigned projects/tickets by a senior admin.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting? Do you have any suggestions for changing them?
Yes. I think they are helpful. I have no suggestions currently to improve them.

> 8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
> meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
I have.

> 9. What was the last Fedora Badge you were awarded?
> (go to https://badges.fedoraproject.org/ and login and look at your
> history under your profile)
White Rabbit - Set timezone in FAS profile

> Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including improvements
> to this email, the wiki page, etc. Note that we recently revamped the
> getting started and other pages. Please do take a minute to re-read them
> and let me know if they are more clear or need further adjustments.
 If there's anything I can do to contribute or help more, I'd love to. Please let me know if I can help with anything. :)

Thanks,
Patrick