Re: Metrics for Mailman & HyperKitty

On a technical point of view I have no ideas, but would it be possible to get an extract of the number of messages per month per mailing list? I would like to see if this may help to have a hint about activity per local community. I do know some mailing lists are not hosted by fedora infrastructure.

Hmm, this looks like something that would probably be better handled by an API call. There is currently no practical way to get that information, but I've temporarily added two values to the HyperKitty API endpoint for mailing-lists: "recent_threads_count" and "recent_participants_count". Those are the values displayed in list summaries.

Example here: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/api/list/fr-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ (the last two values)

Would that information be helpful to you? I can consider adding more to this API if necessary (as long as it doesn't result in expensive calls in the backend).

Thanks

Aurélien