Re: can we please have infra repo fronted by pagure

On 07/12/2017 03:35 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 07/12/2017 01:16 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>>
>> I get wanting to keep the critical repo in another location,
>> but there is no reason why we can't use pagure to front for
>> pull requests and just mirror the git repo from
>> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/.
>
> yes there is. We need to have bi-directional mirroring or at least some
> convention of which one to push to.

I think one way mirroring would be good enough. Basically the pagure repo would be
readonly for the master branch and would be a one way mirror of what is in ansible
git repo. No one would ever 'merge' in the pagure repo.

The admin users would have two remotes on their local git repos. Workflow would be:

user1: open PR to pagureinfra
user2: review in web interface
user2: comment in web interface LGTM
user2: git pull pagureinfra/PR1234
user2: git merge pagureinfra/PR1234 into master
user2: git push ansiblegit master
pagure: automatically sees commit is in master - closes pull request

I know this type of workflow works for github (i.e. the automatically
closing the pull request when it detects the commit made it into master).
I've done this with Github and dist-git before [1]

WDYT?

[1] https://github.com/dustymabe/fedpkg-kompose