Re: Fedora 26 Final Freeze now in effect

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 09:45:05AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> we are now in the infrastructure freeze leading up to the Fedora 26
> Final release. This is a final-release freeze.
>
> We do this to ensure that our infrastructure is stable and ready to
> release Fedora 26 when it's available.
>
> You can see a list of hosts that do not freeze by checking out the
> ansible repo and running the freezelist script:
>
> git clone
> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/ansible.git/scripts/freezelist
> -i inventory
>
> Any hosts listed as freezes is frozen until 2017-07-11 (or later if the
> release slips).

I did not realize this before, but this will impact the decommissioning of
pkgdb.
The idea was to deploy pagure on dist-git on July 5th and deprecate pkgdb on
July 10th.

So could/should we postpone this to say, deploy pagure on dist-git on the 10th?
and deprecate pkgdb on the 17th?
(The pagure part worries me less since it's a new service which should have
minimal impact on the existing one).
The issue is then, what do we do is release slips?

Pierre

PS: on a personal note, I'm not sure how much I'll be around on the 5th
afternoon, 6th and 7th, so postponing to the 10th is actually appealing to me.