Re: [release] MirrorManager2: 0.8

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 03:26:42PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> A new release of MirrorManager2 is available: 0.8
>
> - Specify rel="noopener noreferrer" to link including target='_blank'
> - Improve the runserver script
> - Make the propagation script more robust
> - crawler: also crawl https-only mirrors
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/183
> - mm2_move-devel-to-release: adapt to latest repository layout
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/195
> - Private URLs are now restricted to admins
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/149
> - mirrorlist: at least 5 mirrors should be returned for
>   country/continent
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/194
> - Remove 'Master rsync server Access Control List IPs' section
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/145
> - mirrorlist: add pkl generation time to pkl
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/184
> - restrict non-admin users to certain netblock sizes
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/71
> - Change all references from fedorahosted.org to use the github area
> - umdl: add fullfiletimelist-* based master scanning
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/issues/206
>
> I am planing to update staging today and production once I was able to
> make sure nothing breaks.

This version is now running in staging and production.

The biggest change is that the update-master-directory-list master
mirror scanning now relies on fullfiletimelist-*. This means almost no
stat() during scan and it is much faster. See:

https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/pull/207/commits/4ef8c1991f7d58808db6c541731162c107776186

I was not able to update the mirrorlist containers and
mm-frontend-checkin01 as I do not have access to update those systems.
Would be great if someone could install the updates also on those
systems.

All my tests were successful but if anything behaves strange please let
me know.

		Adrian