Re: Moving staging to new ip space

On 9 May 2017 at 16:39, Faber <erfabbri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, as an apprentice i started to look at this easy fix issue
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/5931
>
> It needs different steps and the admins to work through ansible...maybe it's
> a good candidate for something to work on the Apprentice Workday on May 24?

Hi Faber

I have created a set of files in DNS from the data you had:

master/128.5.10.in-addr.arpa
master/stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org

The 128 file will be where reverse DNS of names will go.
The stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org will be where the hostnames will go.

It still needs some cleanup and after we are done with those we can
start the transfers which would work great as a Apprentice Workday.

Thanks for the initial ideas and I look forward to some feedback.

> By now i just attached a stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org file with new stage IPs
> added, as described by smooge.
>
> Of course as the time pass, some changes are made in dns/master (right now
> pdc-backend03 + pdc-backend03.stg has been added)
>
> so i will have to update it when is needed, let me know when you want it.
>
> giardia

Stephen J Smoogen.