Re: The future of pkgdb

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 06:46:40PM +0200, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
> On 04/25/2017 04:23 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > - Store koshei integration flag
> >   - store this in a yaml/toml file in the dist-git repo
> >   - let the consumers
> >     - do an http request to retrieve the file
> >     - listen to fedmsg to catch changes to this file (and update a local
> >       cache based on this)
>
> Do you mean separate yaml/toml file per package/collection, stored in
> dist-git branch, right next to spec file?

Yeah.  We would introduce some yaml/toml file alongside the spec file
in git, in branch.

We figured it could be done one of a few different ways:

- Consumers could only consider the 'master' branch.  Whatever is in
  rawhide is true for the package across the other branches.
- Consumers could consider each branch independently.  This could let
  koschei have new fine-grained on/off values for different releases.
  Not sure if that's something we actually want, though.